Thursday, March 24, 2016

A gathering apron

While visiting fabric depot the other day I was this sweet apron pattern (I love apron patterns). It seemed brilliant to have a large pocket for gathering fruits, eggs, and veggies. 
There was one very confusing part of this pattern. The little double sided triangle in the "v" of the bodice. It looked complicated. I even watched the amazing video tutorial available by the creator online. Instead of following the pattern, I drafted my own pieces. 
I also added two inches to the width to every peice to make the one size fits all pattern a little more plus sized. 
I enjoyed making this pattern with my alterations. I will be making it again for my friend that also gathers good things from her garden. I can't wait until harvest time! 

Julia 


1 comment: