Thursday, March 24, 2016

Oh Supertote!

I have been admiring this pattern by Anna for years. Last fall while I was visiting Greenbaughms (an amazing quilting store in Salem Oregon), I saw the pattern in person and did not hesitate to make the purchase. 
Here's how to do it 
1) Drool over amazing samples in blog land. 
2) Find an inspiring fabric at fabric depot. 
3) Do not get frustrated by cutting out the multitude of fusible interfacing pieces.
3) Make an interesting version of piping at home.
4) Finish the bags insides with a zipper pocket as recommended by others.
5) Admire the finished product! 



I am so happy happy this turned out so well. My last big bag project was an Amy Butler pattern. It did not turn out well and was so frustrating. I imagine two more years of experience and a pattern designed for a non-seamstress helps. 



Here are a few things I will change for next time: add piping to both sides of the bag, and possibly make pockets on both sides too. When adding the inside zipper, make it a little lower so it is easier to access. Use thicker fabric for all the outside pieces so the interfacing behaves better. Possibly make the bag a little smaller for service. Consider making one long handle cross body style for everyday use. I might even consider a laminated version. 

No comments:

Post a Comment