Thursday, September 4, 2014

Oregon Pillow

My brother recently moved to Houston Texas. Texas is a long way from Oregon. My parents are having a rough time. We are a tight knit bunch.

I imagine this week being a little extra difficult. My brother and his wife will celebrate a five year anniversary on Friday. My parents will celebrate a 33rd year anniversary on the same day.

Plans have been made for a quilt for the new Texas home. Some piles of fabrics exist, but not much more progress has been made. So a smaller gift is needed. Here is how I will send my love:

 Name: Oregon Misses You
Design:  Made up by me!
Quilted:  Me . . .
Size: about 18" x 18" square
 
 
I quilted the Oregon shape with a few straight-ish green lines, using two colors of thread I randomly had at home. The free motion quilted pebbles are a little interesting. It was much harder to see what I was doing on some of the busier fabric.



The backing was made following a tutorial by SVETLANA at sotakhomade. I adjusted the measurements for my 18" pillow case.

 
Look at the pretty corners! Seem to turn out nice when I follow recommendations. . .
 
Best wishes to all celebrating anniversaries this month!
 
 
who-lee-uh 

1 comment: